About The Manning Family Fund
The Manning family roots run deep in Mississippi. Archie and Olivia Manning were born, raised and married in the Delta. Archie launched his legendary football career at Ole Miss. With the professional success of their sons, Cooper, Peyton and Eli, the family's influence now reaches around the globe. But they still feel a powerful connection to Mississippi and are grateful for what the state has given them.
The Manning Family Fund was born of that gratitude and desire to give back to Mississippi. The fund works to:
- Raise money to help meet the challenges facing Mississippians
- Promote the work UMMC is doing to meet those challenges
- Garner support for UMMC's missions of education, research and healthcare
As the state's only academic medical center, UMMC works for the good of all Mississippians. UMMC receives 11 percent of its funding from the state, all of which is appropriated for education. Your gift is vitally important to support the hard work and innovation that will lead to a healthier Mississippi.
In addition to UMMC's hospitals, clinics, health sciences schools and research facilities, UMMC offers Mississippi's only:
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Children's Cancer Center
- Heart, liver, kidney and pancreas transplant programs
- Comprehensive Telehealth Program
- Schools of Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry
UMMC's mission is to improve the lives of Mississippians by educating tomorrow's healthcare professionals, conducting health sciences research, and providing excellent patient care. Additionally, we work to eliminate healthcare disparities based on race, geography, income or social status.